We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Purple carrots are not a delicacy or a game of breeders. Since ancient times, a purple-colored vegetable has been used for medicinal purposes. Now purple varieties are bred along with the usual ones.
Purple carrots are characterized by a high content of vitamins, macro and microelements. It contains vitamins of group B, C, E, K, PP, A, beta-carotene. Sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, iodine, calcium and other useful elements are also present.
Despite the beneficial properties of root crops, they are not recommended to be consumed fresh for patients suffering from gastritis, pancreatitis, colitis and enterocolitis.
Purple carrots are high in anthocyanins, which have powerful antioxidant effects. With the regular use of root crops, there is a positive effect on the human body in several ways.
- Anticancer effect. The anthocyanins found in purple carrots are inhibitors of colon cancer cells. Also, the antitumor effect is the high content of carotenoid in fruits.
- Anti-inflammatory effect. Anthocyanins help fight inflammation, especially rheumatoid arthritis.
- Strengthening blood vessels. The use of carrots has a positive effect on the state of blood vessels. The vegetable helps to strengthen the walls, prevent venous insufficiency, varicose veins.
- Improved vision. Purple vegetable has a positive effect on vision. Regular consumption of the root vegetable improves the quality of vision at night, stimulates blood circulation in the eyeball, and reduces the risk of blindness in patients with diabetes. The presence of lutein also improves vision.
- Application in cosmetology. Carrots contain calcium in an easily digestible form. It has a positive effect on the condition of hair, nail plates, teeth, skin. The root vegetable is useful not only for eating, but also when used in cosmetic procedures. Lotions, masks, lotions are made with its content.
- Increased potency. Carrots are classified as aphrodisiacs. Its use increases male potency, increases desire, allows you to cure sexual dysfunction.
In addition to these areas, the use of purple carrots helps to reduce blood pressure, normalize cholesterol levels, and strengthen the kidneys. In some cases, the vegetable is used to treat a lingering cough.
Varieties of varieties
Purple carrots are distinguished by their high nutritional value and undeniable medicinal properties. Despite its benefits, this type of root crop has not yet become widespread among gardeners. For this reason, it is difficult to find a variety of varieties on the market.
Experts identify a number of species that are cultivated in different regions of the country and which have shown good characteristics in terms of yield and growth.
- Purple haze f1. The hybrid has a dark purple color. The inside of the root is colored orange. The variety belongs to the category of early ripening. Technical maturation occurs 70 days after planting in the ground. Purple haze is resistant to many types of diseases. Root crops grow up to 30 centimeters long.
- Purple dragon. The variety is recognized as exquisite. It is distinguished by a pleasant sweet taste with spicy notes. The outer part of the root crop has a violet-red hue, the inner part is orange-yellow. The length of carrots reaches 25 centimeters.
- Rainbow mix. This species belongs to the category of colored carrots. Its fruits can range from orange to deep purple. Root crops are cylindrical in shape. The length reaches 18 centimeters.
- Dragon. The variety has a sweet taste. Its value lies in the high content of vitamins of group A and beta-carotene. The fruits are bright purple on the outside, orange in the core.
- Cosmic Purpule. The hybrid is characterized by a high rate of fruit ripening. It got its name for its bright purple color from the outside. The core of the roots is usually orange in color. The taste of carrots is rich, sweet. The fruits reach a length of 20 centimeters.
A number of lesser known hybrids can also be found on the market. Experts recommend purchasing seeds from large producers or specialized garden centers. In this way, the quality of the seed can be guaranteed.
Features of agricultural technology
Purple carrots are easy to grow and care for. The features of agricultural technology for purple varieties are similar to caring for ordinary types of root crops.
- Predecessors. The optimal precursors for carrots are potatoes, onions, and cucumbers.
- Soil preparation. The land for carrots should be well cultivated, contain a high amount of fertilizers.
- Sowing and seedling care. The seeds are pre-soaked. This facilitates their germination. The seeds are distributed over the ridges in rows with an interval of 1-2 centimeters. Row spacings are done every 10-15 centimeters. With thickened plantings, the first thinning is performed after the appearance of 1-2 true leaves. Large seedlings are left at a distance of at least 2 centimeters from each other.
- Watering. Watering is carried out in the evening. Water must be completely absorbed into the ground, without the formation of puddles and stagnation.
- Top dressing. Carrots require at least 2 dressings per season. For the first time, ammonium nitrate is used. Top dressing is carried out in the phase of 3-4 leaves. The second time is fed after the final thinning with superphosphate fertilizers.
Purple carrots have lower yields. At the same time, it is distinguished by good seed germination and high resistance to diseases and pests. The size of the mature roots is smaller. Their length rarely reaches 30 centimeters. On average 20-25.