We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The raising of gilts must be accompanied by proper care of him. Experienced farmers recommend giving animals special vitamin complexes. For example, you can use "Sedimin" for piglets. Before using such a drug, you must familiarize yourself with its description and features of use.
Release form, composition and packaging of "Sedimin"
Before purchasing a medicine, you need to familiarize yourself with its release form and composition. The tool is produced in the form of a solution that is used for injection. It is sold in a small transparent bottle. The volume of the medicine container may vary. In veterinary pharmacies, products are often found in containers of 50, 100 and 150 milliliters. The packages with the medicine must contain information about the manufacturer, expiration date and components from the composition.
The liquid has a reddish tint, without sediment on the bottom. "Sediminum Plus" includes the following components:
- iron mixed with dextran.
As auxiliary components add ordinary water and polyvinyllyrrolidone.
Indications for use
People who are going to use Sedimin should familiarize themselves with the indications for its use. There are several cases when piglets should be given the drug:
- White muscle disease. This is a common condition that affects young pigs most often. An ailment appears due to inadequate feeding.
- Endemic goiter. Chronic animal disease, due to which the functioning of the thyroid gland is disrupted. A goiter develops due to a lack of iodine in the body.
- Iron-deficiency anemia. In pigs with this diagnosis, the development and build-up of muscle mass is suspended. To get rid of the disease, the animals are injected with Sedimin.
Administration and dosage rules
Each person must study the instructions for its use before using the product. The use of "Sedimin" is carried out in three stages:
- Preliminary preparation for the injection. First, you need to thoroughly wash your hands with soap, open the container with the drug and draw the liquid into a new syringe. If the injection is carried out in winter, the medicinal liquid will have to be heated to 30-35 degrees.
- The introduction of the solution. Having typed the medicine into a syringe, they begin to inject it. For this, a section of the neck or thigh is selected. The injection sites are pre-treated with antiseptic agents. Before the injection, you need to move the skin a little so that the medicine does not leak out. Piglets should be introduced "Sedimin" carefully, at an angle of forty-five degrees.
- Rubbing the skin. When the injection is done, the surface of the skin is pressed down for 1-2 seconds. Then, the remaining liquid is wiped off from it, if it has leaked.
After using the drug, serious side effects are not observed. However, sometimes the pigs' skin color at the injection site may change. When redness appears, do not be alarmed, as this is a normal reaction of the body. The redness will disappear within two and a half weeks.
If it persists for more than a month and a half, you need to consult a veterinarian.
Are there any contraindications
Sedimin is considered a safe medicine that has no specific contraindications. However, despite this, it is contraindicated to give it to some piglets. Experts do not advise giving injections to piglets who have an individual intolerance to the components of the drug. In this case, it is better to use drugs that have a similar effect.
Storage conditions and rules
"Sedimin", like any other medicinal product, must be properly stored. The packaging should not be allowed to stay in a warm room for a long time, since the drug should be stored at a temperature of 4-5 degrees Celsius. Also, it is impossible for the sun's rays to fall on it. Sedimin is recommended to be stored on the upper shelves of the refrigerator. In this case, children should not have access to the facility.
If the pigs lack vitamins, you can use Sedimin. However, before that, you need to understand the indications for the use of the drug, with the rules of use and possible side effects.