We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It seems to some that raising laying hens is easy, but it is not. In order for them to grow well, it is necessary to periodically give them calcium. Therefore, it is recommended to figure out in advance how to properly give a shell for chickens.
Why is the lack of minerals in the diet of chickens dangerous?
Few of the owners of domestic chickens know how a lack of minerals in their diet can be dangerous. If the birds do not have enough nutrients, they will disrupt the process of digesting food. Also, there are problems with metabolism and productivity decreases. Some individuals develop cannibalism. In addition, due to the insufficient amount of minerals, the quality of the eggs deteriorates, their shell loses its density and becomes brittle.
Therefore, care must be taken to ensure that chickens have enough calcium, as this is the main component that young and adult birds need.
Influence of the stern shell
Before feeding chickens with shells, you need to familiarize yourself with their effect on the body:
- helps to restore calcium balance in the body;
- improves the assimilation of chicken feed by stimulating the work of the gastrointestinal tract and increasing the amount of secreted gastric juice;
- the shells contain trace elements that prevent the appearance and development of hermaphroditism;
- strengthens the body in chickens, which poorly absorb vitamin D;
- strengthening the egg shell, which over time becomes many times stronger and stronger;
- strengthening the immune system;
- improvement of the general condition and appearance of young layers.
It is necessary to familiarize yourself in detail with the composition of the shells in advance. The main component is calcium, which makes up 40% of the total composition. They also contain a lot of magnesium, of which about 35%.
Poultry farmers compare shells to chalk, as they are similar in composition. However, it will take twice as much chalk to feed the chickens. Therefore, experts advise using shell food. Outwardly, such a top dressing resembles light cereal, which has a specific aroma. You can buy it in stores that sell veterinary or agricultural products.
How to give shell rock to chickens
There are several rules to help you feed your hens properly:
- Preparation of compound feed. First, the compound feed is prepared, it is poured with heated water. It should be soaked in liquid for 20-30 minutes.
- Adding shell rock. It is poured into compound feed after soaking. The amount of shell rock added directly depends on the number of birds.
- Feeding chickens. The prepared mixture should be given to the bird no more than once a day. Experienced poultry farmers advise doing this in the morning, on an empty stomach.
Can there be an overdose
When feeding chickens, the recommended dosage must be observed and the daily rate must not be exceeded. However, sometimes people do not feed their chickens carefully, resulting in an overdose. It has the following features:
- the shell of the eggs becomes uneven and thick;
- metabolic disease;
- accumulation of fat.
When the above signs appear, it is necessary to reduce the dosage of shell rock.
Poultry farmers often feed their chickens shell food to strengthen their bodies. However, before feeding, you need to familiarize yourself with the features of using such feeding.