We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumbers with green peas for the winter have become a popular recipe. The blank is often used to add to salads and vinaigrettes, but it can also be used as an independent dish. All recipes have a detailed description. If you follow the rules of canning, then vegetables are obtained with a pleasant, unusual taste.
Almost all recipes include currant and cherry leaves, as they give the vegetables their special flavor and flavor. If you want to get a spicy aftertaste, then in prepared jars, along with spices and herbs, put several pieces of hot pepper.
A simple recipe for harvesting cucumbers together with green peas.
- Medium-sized, even cucumbers, about 1.5 kg, should be washed in cool water and the ends cut off. Peas about 400 g are harvested from pods, only good ones are chosen.
- The peas must first be boiled for about 17 minutes, then rinsed in cool water and discarded in a colander to drain excess liquid.
- You cannot do without greens, twigs and grains of dill, a couple of currant leaves and horseradish are suitable (the greens must be washed).
- Green leaves, a couple of horseradish cloves, halves of garlic cloves are spread on the bottom of the prepared jars.
- Then the cucumbers begin to pack tightly. Each layer of cucumber should be interspersed with peas.
- Pour boiling water over the cucumbers twice for 15 minutes. For the third time, 35 g of salt and sugar and 70 ml of vinegar are added to the water drained from the cans. Bring the brine to a boil.
- The resulting marinade is poured into the contents of glass containers and rolled up.
Closed salting in jars is turned upside down, wrapped in a large warm blanket until the contents have cooled.
Tinned cucumbers with green peas will turn out crispy if you follow the advice of the following recipe without sterilizing.
- Rinse cucumbers in the amount of 2 kg and cut off the edges, collect the peas from the pods (you need about 500 g, separated from the wormy and burst ones) and cook in boiling water for 17 minutes.
- Grind the peeled horseradish and garlic with a blender to make juice.
- At the bottom of the sterilized jars, they begin to lay the leaves of cherry, currant, horseradish, a couple of parsley sprigs, dill seeds and 4 allspice peas.
- Cucumbers with peas are laid, alternating each layer.
- Pour boiling water for 10 minutes and drain. This procedure is repeated two times.
- For the third time, a marinade is prepared from the drained water with the addition of sugar and salt. As soon as the water boils, pour in vinegar 90 ml.
- The finished marinade is poured into jars, garlic juice with horseradish is added and they begin to roll.
It is recommended to store the jars upside down under warm clothes until the final cooling of winter storage.
Recipes that preserve the firmness and density of vegetables necessarily include horseradish or oak leaves. These greens contain substances that keep them crunchy like fresh vegetables.
There are proven recipes that include additional ingredients. Pickled cucumbers will acquire an unusual pleasant sour taste if you add an apple to the preparation. The peas will remain firm and crispy.
- For harvesting for the winter, you will need small sour apples (one apple is taken per liter container). The fruit is washed, peeled and cut into small slices.
- Cucumbers are washed and soaked in ice water to maintain their shape and firmness.
- The peas collected from the pods are washed and boiled for 15 minutes (it is better to choose young peas, so it will cook faster).
- Currant and cherry leaves, dill seeds, cloves, lavrushka leaf, 3 allspice peas are sent to the prepared jars.
- Apples are put in the first layer, then cucumbers come, and peas are added last.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic cloves on top.
- The contents are poured with boiling water twice for 10 minutes.
- After the third time, salt and sugar are added to the drained water, and after boiling, 30 ml of vinegar.
Ready, closed jars are turned upside down and left to cool, covered with a warm blanket.
Canning of cucumbers can also be carried out with pea pods. Instead of regular vinegar, the recipe involves adding wine vinegar. The taste is unforgettable!
- Small cucumbers in the amount of 1 kg are sorted out, washed, the ends are cut off and soaked in cold water. Then they need to be cut either into circles or strips.
- The ends of the washed pea pods are cut off.
- Peel and cut two onions into half rings.
- The brine is prepared with the addition of 40 g of sugar and salt, vinegar and bay leaf.
- Allspice peas, cucumbers, pea pods and chopped onions are placed in prepared jars.
- Pour in hot brine and close with lids.
As usual, store upside down under a warm blanket until it cools completely.
The answer of experienced housewives
There are many reviews about the preparation of cucumbers with green peas and only positive ones. Everyone notes that the cucumbers are crispy, salty with a pleasant sourness.
“We have been harvesting peas with cucumbers for several years in a row. The snack leaves immediately on the first cold winter days. I add to the salad "Olivier", azu, pickle. You can simply serve it with potatoes or cereals.
Canning according to the following recipe:
- I collect green peas in a large container, pour in water, just to cover a little layer on top. After boiling, cook for another 2 minutes.
- I put oak, cherry and currant leaves in glass jars, cut into cloves of garlic and send them to the greens.
- I thoroughly rinse the cucumbers from dirt and begin to put them tightly in jars together with dill sprigs.
- Pour peas on top. It is not necessary to tamp it strongly, otherwise it will fall apart and lose its shape. Let it float freely between the cucumber rows.
- I pour the contents of the jars with boiled water for 10 minutes, closing the lid.
- I pour the water into a separate container, add salt, allspice peas, cloves. I bring to a boil and pour in the vinegar.
- I pour the marinade into jars and close them with metal lids.
Preservation should be stored for the first days under a warm blanket until it cools down. Then you can move the cans to a dark, cool place.