We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Iodine is a chemical element that is necessary for the normal development of both people and plants. In addition to an antiseptic substance, pepper is treated with hydrogen peroxide and potassium permanganate. To keep the seedlings strong, the plants are watered or sprayed with weakly concentrated solutions. What is the purpose of processing with such means, and in what cases is it worth it?
Can I pour iodine on peppers?
Not "possible", but even necessary. Solutions based on medicinal preparations are used to feed plants and prevent diseases and pests. In addition, iodine has a number of other actions on pepper:
- Increases the content of vitamin C in fruits.
- Increases size and improves coloration.
It is especially important to treat peppers growing on podzolic soils, gray soils and salt marshes with a solution, which do not contain enough iodine. In regions located by the sea, where black soil or chestnut soil predominates, plants do not need iodine treatment.
Since hydrogen peroxide does not contain nutrients in the composition, many are perplexed how solutions with the addition of this preparation can be used to feed cultivated plants. The liquid trapped in the soil improves aeration, as a result of which the roots more actively draw out the substances necessary for the plant.
Using iodine for fertilizing peppers, you need to take into account the fact that it belongs to toxic substances. 3 g of the drug, if ingested, causes serious harm to human health. In order for the treatment with an iodine solution, however, like any solutions based on concentrated preparations, to be safe and effective, you need to remember the following recommendations:
- It is impossible to increase the dosage of iodine, as the peppers are deformed and become dangerous for consumption.
- Before root feeding with an iodine solution, the plant must be watered abundantly.
- For the safety of the eyes, peppers should be sprayed with goggles.
- Plants are processed in cloudy weather. Foliar dressing on a sunny day provokes burns on the leaves.
By following these simple recommendations, treatment with a timely antiseptic treatment will prevent the development of diseases and increase the yield of peppers.
How to use
As mentioned above, solutions from drugs are used for different purposes. Below are some of the most effective root and foliar mix recipes.
Due to the fact that pepper seeds have a low germination rate, the planting material simply needs to be soaked in a weak iodine solution... To prepare a stimulant for 1 liter of water, add 1 drop of the drug. Duration of soaking is 6 hours. Seeds that have been in such a bath quickly sprout and release strong shoots.
There are also a few more recipes:
- Peroxide is also used to disinfect seeds. The planting material is soaked in 3% peroxide for half an hour, after which the seeds are washed with clean water and dried to a free-flowing state. Such treatment not only kills bacteria, but also speeds up the emergence of seedlings, and also strengthens the seedlings.
- It is also possible to accelerate the emergence of seedlings by spraying the planting material with a 1% peroxide solution. Once on the surface, the active liquid destroys inhibitors that prevent seeds from germinating.
- Disinfect seeds with potassium permanganate. To prepare a mixture for 1 liter of water, add dry powder at the tip of a knife.
How to feed pepper with iodine?
Root feeding with a solution of 3 liters of water and 1 drop of iodine has proven itself well. In order for the seedlings to grow actively and get sick less often, fertilizer must be applied once during the formation of the brushes. On plants fertilized with such a solution, large fruits are tied, the size of which is 15% larger than the average value.
Also, the ripening period is shortened, which is very important in regions with a cool climate, where the pepper does not always have time to ripen.
To replenish the supply of nutrients, you can water the pepper with the combination mixture every 14 days. To prepare top dressing for 10 liters of water, add 10 g of iodine and phosphorus, 20 g of potassium.
As a supplement to root dressing, pepper is sprayed with a weak peroxide solution. For 1 liter of water add 1-2 tbsp. l. peroxide. Top dressing of pepper with iodine is most justified on heavy clay soils, since the substance loosens their structure. And as you know, plants living in a loose environment are practically not subject to rot.
As a fertilizer for pepper, iodine is also used for foliar dressing. To prepare a solution for 1 liter of water, add 2 drops of the drug. The bushes are sprayed at intervals of 10 days.
Disease and pest control
In order for the pepper to grow actively and set many full-fledged fruits, it is important to take care not only of feeding, but also of preventive spraying. Only by carrying out regular treatments can the thermophilic culture growing in the open field be protected from the colonization of fungi and insects. Among gardeners, the following recipes are very popular:
- For the prevention of fungal diseases and the appearance of worms, aphids, pepper is sprayed with a solution that consists of 10 liters of water, 2 tbsp. peroxide, 40 drops of iodine. The mixture is also used to treat plants.
- Pour 8 liters of water into a large saucepan, put it on fire and bring to a boil. Add 2 L of ash, mix well and leave to cool. A vial of iodine and 1 tsp of boric acid are poured into a slightly warm solution. The mixture is infused for 12 hours and diluted with water based on a ratio of 1:10. With the help of such a tool, late blight is treated.
- Disease prevention is carried out using a solution of peroxide and ash. Stir 1 glass of ash in a bucket of water, 1 tbsp. To achieve a therapeutic effect, the dosage of peroxide is doubled.
- In the fight against diseases and insects, the following remedy is also used: add 50 ml of 3% peroxide to 900 ml of water, 2 tbsp. alcohol. To keep the liquid on the leaves longer, add 3-4 drops of liquid soap. Several sprays are carried out per season.
- A remedy with peroxide and sugar will help cure peppers and destroy gluttonous insects. For 1 liter of water add 50 ml of peroxide and 50 g of sugar.
- For the prevention of fungal diseases, pepper is watered with a solution of iodine and serum. For 1 liter of water, add 100 g of a dairy product and 2 drops of an antiseptic.
As you can see, you can improve the condition of the bushes and prevent the development of fungal diseases with affordable means that can be purchased at any pharmacy. All that is needed for the treatment to be effective is to prepare the product correctly. It is impossible to increase the dosage of active substances, since the plants can be burned.