We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Already from the middle of winter, gardeners and gardeners begin to actively prepare for the spring season and, first of all, buy seeds for seedlings. Tomato Alsou will be a good choice for those who want to grow a rich harvest in the fall.
Description of the tomato variety Alsou
It was bred relatively recently, at the beginning of 2000, by Siberian breeders. The Alsou variety belongs to the determinants (it differs in undersized bushes). The bushes grow to a certain height, usually from 65 to 85 cm. There is no need to pinch the top to stop the growth. In greenhouse conditions, an Alsou tomato grows from 1 to 1.5 meters.
Reviews of those gardeners who grew the variety in their plots indicate that the trunk of the plant is very weak, it must be tied up. Stepping is also necessary. The yield of a tomato is high, especially if you create ideal growing conditions for the plant, it is important to apply mineral and organic fertilizers during the season.
Characteristics of Alsou tomato
Before planting Alsou tomatoes on your personal plot, you need to study the characteristics and description of the variety. What are the features of this variety?
Description and characteristics of tomato:
- High productivity;
- Differs in resistance to the appearance of various diseases;
- A mid-early variety, from the appearance of the first shoots to harvest, it takes about 90-120 days;
- Up to 9 kg of ripe fruits can be harvested from one bush;
- The trunk of the plant is weak, not branched, differs in a small amount of tops;
- Garter required;
- The main characteristic that distinguishes the variety from all others is simple inflorescences and articulations on the legs;
- Unripe fruits are light green in color;
- Ripe tomatoes are pink; there may be a green spot near the stalk;
- The skin is dense, smooth, not ribbed;
- The pulp is juicy, tender, like most pink varieties, rather sweet;
- The average weight of a tomato is about 600, the maximum weight is 1.5 kg;
- A small amount of seeds in the fruit;
- Suitable for growing in both southern and northern regions of Russia;
- Due to the large size of the fruit, the variety is not suitable for preservation as a whole;
- They tolerate long-term transportation well and have good commercial qualities.
Advantages and disadvantages
If everything is clear with the description of Alsou tomatoes, then it is also important to study all the advantages and disadvantages of this variety of nightshade.
- Gives a rich harvest;
- Up to 9 kg of fruit can be harvested from one bush;
- Resistant to diseases;
- Good taste;
- It tolerates both drought and cool weather well;
- Ripe tomatoes do not crack;
- Large fruits.
- Tomatoes "Alsou" are distinguished by a weak trunk, it is necessary to tie it up so that it does not break under the weight of the fruit;
- Pinching is necessary;
- Due to the fact that the fruits of the tomato are very large, they are not suitable for canning as a whole.
Despite the shortcomings, the reviews of those who planted the Alsou tomato are mostly positive.
Features of growing in the open field
To get a good harvest in the fall, you need to properly grow seedlings. Planting material is planted in the soil at the end of March - beginning of April or 55-60 days before planting seedlings in open ground. After two or three leaves appear on the seedlings, it must be dived. In order for the seeds to sprout faster, they can be germinated in advance.
How to germinate seeds correctly:
- The planting material must be soaked in water until it swells;
- Dry a little and place a damp natural cloth between layers;
- The container with the cloth should be placed in a warm place for 2-3 days until the first shoots appear;
- After the sprouts have appeared, the seeds need to be dried a little until flowing and planted in the soil.
It is recommended to harden the seedlings a few weeks before planting in the soil. Containers with bushes should be taken out into fresh air for 2-3 hours, constantly increasing the time.
So that the bushes do not interfere with each other, I will plant the seedlings at a distance of 40 cm.
- It is advisable to plant seedlings in those places where zucchini, cucumbers, parsley, dill or eggplant used to grow;
- Before planting seeds in open ground, they must be soaked in a weak solution of potassium permanganate for one hour, and then rinsed in clean warm water;
- Due to the fact that the trunks of the Alsou tomato variety are very weak, they must be tied to trellises.