We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Garlic Sofievsky belongs to a variety of frost-resistant varieties. The species was bred by breeders of the Uman Agricultural Academy 20 years ago and managed to establish itself as one of the best winter varieties. The height of the culture arrow reaches 1.5 meters. A feature of the variety is the upright position of the leaves, which take an almost vertical position.
The winter variety is widespread today in Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus and Russia. The culture is actively grown today in large farms, in which, even without the use of chemical fertilizers, I harvest up to 14 tons of crops per hectare. Due to its high yields, the variety is popular and in demand among Russian gardeners.
The leaf plates have a deep dark green color. The amount of hair plaque on the surface is insignificant. Average sheet parameters:
- length from 35 to 45 cm;
- width from 1.5 to 2.5 cm.
The characteristics of the variety indicate the duration of the growing season from the moment of regrowth of the cloves to the total lodging of leaves equal to 101 days. The culture is grown in open ground conditions. The advantage of the variety is the good quality of frost resistance and resistance to fungal diseases. The plant is able to withstand low temperatures down to -35 ⁰C.
The species has the unique ability to withstand difficult drought conditions. The variety thrives in regions with hot climates, the yield does not decrease even at + 45 ⁰C. Thanks to this varietal feature, Sofievsky garlic is grown both in a warm climatic zone and in regions with difficult agricultural conditions.
Description of fruits
Garlic is considered to be medium-sharp in taste. The average value of the harvested crop is up to 0.8 kg per square meter. Description of the variety:
- on average, one head contains from 6 to 7 teeth;
- bulb weight varies within 120 grams;
- the size of a head of garlic in diameter reaches 4.5 cm;
- mature garlic bulb has a whitish color with a slight inclusion of lilac stripes;
- fruits are round-flat.
The advantage of the variety is its excellent keeping quality. The variety allows you to give winter preparations and conservation a rich taste and pungency, the degree of which depends on the amount used in the product recipe. The heads of garlic can be stored for 11 months without losing the appearance and quality of the cloves.
The Sofievsky garlic variety is famous for its taste and rich content of nutrients. Garlic contains vitamin C, amino acids, proteins, trace elements, selenium and essential oils. The advantage of the variety is the stability of the yield obtained.
Planting and grooming recommendations
Planting a garlic culture is carried out in several ways, the choice of which depends on the desired purpose of cultivation. The following options are possible:
- air seeds for further sevka, the so-called one-tooth;
- sevkom, which is obtained at the end of the year of growth of puffed seeds;
- teeth of adult heads.
Despite the good resistance to low temperatures, it is recommended to choose an open sunny space for planting. The soil for planting should be well drained, humus-sandy and loamy soil is suitable. In specialized stores today you can find both small types of teeth and large teeth. Planting time depends on the type of acquired planting material:
- air seeds can be planted both in the fall and in the spring, while not a full-fledged garlic will be obtained, but a reserve for further cultivation;
- one-tooth will allow you to get full-fledged onions of garlic, which can be used for culinary purposes;
- individual teeth also make it possible to obtain fully formed heads.
With the latter planting options, the time is chosen in such a way as to avoid the threat of frost onset. It is recommended to plant planting material 2 or 3 weeks before the onset of cold weather. Cultivation is carried out in compliance with the following rules:
- do not plant seeds for more than 2 years in the same place, avoid planting in beds with onions;
- plant in the place of planting nightshades;
- do not feed with manure, as it leads to its saturation with nitrogen and acidification, which reduces the yield of garlic;
- before planting, soak the cloves of garlic for 2 hours in a weak solution of potassium permanganate to improve the stress resistance of the variety.
For cultivation, only a high-quality option is chosen without the presence of signs of damage, defects and other violations of the seeds. The recommended scheme of planting material is the observance of the distance between the slices during planting from 10 to 15 cm.When forming the rows, the distance between them should be from 20 to 25 cm.The depth of penetration into the ground should not be large, the recommended depth is from 4 cm to 6 cm A deeper planting is able to preserve the ability of the heads to germinate when the cold weather sets in, but the yield indicators are significantly reduced.
In winter, it is necessary to provide shelter for plantings; for these purposes, branches, foliage, snow are used. Such actions will help the garlic culture to better endure low temperatures in winter.