We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With the onset of spring, gardeners begin to prepare for planting seedlings and first of all choose vegetable seeds. A good option would be the Stolypin tomato, the characteristics and description of the variety of which are presented below.
Description of the variety
Despite the fact that the Stolypin tomato is a fairly new variety, it has already established itself among gardeners as unpretentious and resistant to temperature extremes and drought. Reviews of this type of culture are only positive.
Ripe tomatoes taste excellent. They are great for pickles, salads and various sauces and lecho.
Tomatoes "Stolypin" by their properties are early maturing. From the moment the seeds are planted in the soil until the first ripe fruits appear, about 87-110 days pass. Suitable for growing not only in the open field, but also in a greenhouse
This variety is determinant. Many gardeners choose them, because in order to grow an interdeterminant nightshade crop (tall), a huge amount of effort is required.
Determinant crops are a real boon for gardeners. In height, they grow very slowly, they do not need to be tied up and, at the same time, they give much more yield.
Tomato bushes do not exceed 55-65 cm in height. They do not branch, they are rather compact. This property makes them attractive to owners of small summer cottages, since the bushes can be planted close to each other.
Characteristics of the tomato "Stolypin"
Before buying Stolypin tomato seeds and growing seedlings, you need to familiarize yourself with the main characteristics of the nightshade crop.
Characteristics and description of the "Stolypin" tomato variety:
- Well tolerates cold weather;
- High productivity;
- Bushes are not standard;
- Tomato tops are dark green, leaves are small;
- The formation of simple inflorescences is characteristic;
- Inflorescences have stalks at the joints;
- After the end of the process of forming tomato brushes, the growth of the plant stem stops;
- In a greenhouse, you can get from 7 to 9 kg of tomatoes from one bush;
- High resistance to various diseases, especially late blight;
- Unripe fruits of a light green hue, there is no speck near the stalk;
- Ripe fruits of a reddish-pink hue;
- With good care, ripe tomatoes can weigh up to 150 grams;
- Tomatoes are characterized by an oval shape, the skin is smooth, shiny, quite elastic;
- Fruits can be stored for a long time without cracking;
- Ripe tomatoes are sweet, with dense pulp, divided into 2-3 seed chambers;
- They are distinguished by a high percentage of sugar content;
- They tolerate long-term transportation well.
Advantages and disadvantages of Stolypin tomato
Like all varieties of nightshade crops, the Stolypin variety has its advantages and disadvantages. Those gardeners who planted this variety on their site note a large number of advantages of the Stolypin tomato.
- High productivity;
- Gives a rich harvest even in adverse weather conditions;
- Resistant to diseases such as late blight;
- Ripe tomatoes have good cracking resistance;
- Great taste of fruits, not only fresh, but also canned;
- It can be grown in any region of Russia.
There are practically no drawbacks, with the exception of a few, of this variety.
- Despite the fact that the tomato gives a good harvest in unfavorable climatic conditions at temperatures above +30 degrees, the inflorescences remain sterile and dry out, the fruits are tied very poorly in such conditions;
- A garter is required in order for the bushes to form correctly;
- With prolonged rains, fruits can be affected by apical rot.
How to plant a Stolypin tomato to increase yields? To do this, you need to follow some rules of agricultural technology. You need to plant seeds in early March - April. Planting material must be planted into the soil to a depth of 2-3 cm. After several leaves appear on the seedlings, it must be dived. Also, it is recommended to feed seedlings 2-3 times with mineral fertilizers.
Another important point is the hardening of seedlings. About 2 weeks before planting seedlings in open ground, they must be prepared for changing growing conditions.
Containers with seedlings should be taken outside for 2-3 hours. It is advisable to constantly increase the time spent on the street seedlings.
It is recommended to plant seedlings in open ground in late May - early June. I grow bushes in the open field as follows:
- Make a small depression in the soil and place a bush there;
- A distance of 30 cm should be left between the seedlings;
- Lightly tamp the soil around the stem;
- Water abundantly;
- It is advisable to cover still immature seedlings at night.
What you need to pay attention to first of all in order to grow a rich harvest:
- For planting seedlings, it is advisable to choose those areas where legumes, cabbage, cucumbers, onions or carrots previously grew;
- Before sowing seeds in the ground, they must be soaked in potassium permanganate or thoroughly rinsed in running water;
- To prevent the appearance of diseases in order to prevent the plants, they must be sprayed with fungicidal preparations.