We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The repairing variety of yellow-fruited raspberry Orange Miracle has a unique ability to bear fruit on one-year and two-year shoots. The berry crop is appreciated by gardeners for a long time of intensive fruiting, as well as the ability to get a crop 2 times per season. Knowledge of the peculiarities of growing raspberries and the rules of complex care for them will provide high quality berries.
Description of raspberries
A medium-sized raspberry bush Orange miracle, not exceeding 1.8 m in height, forms 6-7 replacement shoots and basal offspring. There are thorns on the stems. The leaves are bright green and have jagged, slightly curved edges.
The variety is valued for the size of the berries, their weight is 5-6 g, under favorable conditions, the mass can be 10-12 g. Fruits 4 cm in length have an oblong shape resembling a cone. The variety got its name due to the unusual color of the berries: orange or yellow with a golden tint. The pulp is characterized by firmness, firmness and juiciness. Small drupes closely adjoin one another. And the sweet unique taste will delight everyone.
Characteristics of the variety Orange miracle
Raspberry Orange Miracle is a remontant variety of the middle ripening period. It differs in a one-year development cycle and during the growing season it can form shoots and give a crop twice. The berries ripen in July and bear fruit until late autumn.
With proper care, it pleases with a harvest for about 15 years.
Positive and negative sides
The raspberry variety Orange Miracle fell in love with gardeners for a number of advantages:
- high yield, 2.5-3 kg of fruits per bush;
- excellent taste characteristics;
- frost resistance, the ability to withstand a drop in temperature to -25 degrees;
- unpretentiousness to soil type and climate;
- transportability without prejudice to berries and keeping quality of the crop;
- undemanding care.
Describing the Orange Miracle raspberry variety, it is important to identify the cons:
- the presence of thorns that make it difficult to harvest;
- sensitivity to scorching heat and abnormal frosts.
How to grow a crop correctly
Correct planting is a guarantee of a high-quality harvest. Before planting Orange Miracle raspberries, you need to pay attention to the issues of choosing a place, time, soil preparation and material for planting.
Choice of time and place
A favorable period for planting raspberries of the Orange Miracle variety is spring, early summer, autumn. To cultivate a fruit crop, you need to opt for a sunny territory, fenced off from the northern winds. Best of all, the plant prefers neutral or slightly acidic loams, although it does not impose special requirements on the composition of the soil.
Preparation of seedlings
Externally, the raspberry seedlings of the Orange Miracle variety should not be dried out, but well-developed, healthy, without signs of damage by diseases and pests. Before planting, it is recommended to soak the plants in a root formation stimulator for 1-2 hours. This promotes intensive formation and growth of roots, as well as helps them quickly adapt to new soil conditions.
Planting scheme and process
Successful cultivation requires proper planting, which consists of the following stages:
- Dig planting holes 70 cm deep and 50 cm wide.
- Form a hill at the bottom of each pit from a soil mixture containing humus, ash and the top layer of soil.
- Place the seedlings on a hill, carefully spreading the roots, and sprinkle so that the root collar is slightly above ground level.
- Around the planted plants at a distance of 30 cm, make circular grooves 10 cm deep and water abundantly.
- When the water is completely absorbed, mulch using sawdust, dry peat, humus.
The planting scheme depends on the chosen method of growing raspberries:
- Private. Plant the plants in rows, keeping the distance between them 1.5-2 m, and between planting units 70-90 cm.
- Kustovoy. Place the seedlings in a square with a distance of 1-1.5 m.
- Tape. Form a strip of raspberry stalks along the width of the tape up to 50 cm, the distance between the bushes is 30-50 cm, and the ribbons are 1.8-2 m.
For raspberries, the Orange Miracle can be applied in any of the ways.
The subtleties of caring for raspberries
The yield of the berry culture depends both on the climate conditions and on competently carried out care, therefore, the orange miracle raspberry bushes need to be surrounded with attention and care.
Watering and loosening
When cultivating the Orange Miracle raspberry variety, it is important to comply with the conditions for soil moisture. It should be borne in mind that with a lack of water, the fruits noticeably decrease in size and weight, and with an excess, the resistance to fungal diseases decreases. Irrigate so that the water is absorbed to a depth of 30 cm.
Watering is carried out when the fruits are tied and the berries ripen.
After irrigation, shallowly loosen the ground near the bushes so that the surface of the soil is not covered with a dry crust that can block the access of oxygen to the roots.
Top dressing and fertilizers
Despite its modesty in needs, the Orange Miracle raspberry variety will thank you for feeding with a good harvest. The main thing is to apply fertilizers in a timely manner:
- in early spring, adding humus to the soil, 25 g of granules of double superphosphate and 15 g of potassium nitrate;
- in early June, watering the bushes with an infusion prepared from manure, nettle, bird droppings and dandelion, diluted with water in a ratio (1: 8), 2.5 liters each under a bush;
- a month later and at the beginning of autumn, feeding according to the instructions with liquid fertilizers specially designed for berry crops;
- after harvesting, enriching the soil with double superphosphate in the amount of 30 g and 20 g of potassium nitrate, diluted in a bucket of water, each bush should get 5 liters of solution.
In the autumn period after fruiting, wood ash will perfectly help the plant to renew its strength. Young shoots will retain such a substance as potassium, and for the next season the fruits will become sweeter and richer in taste.
This agricultural technique protects the bushes from the harmful effects of weeds, which take away light, moisture, nutrients from plants, and are also breeding grounds for insidious pests and dangerous diseases.
Garter and mulching
Since the shoots bend and break under their own weight and the weight of the fruit, the trunks must be tied up. Thanks to a properly applied garter, the plants will be illuminated as much as possible by sunlight, and harvesting will become much easier.
Mulching protects the roots of raspberry bushes from freezing in the winter and from overheating in the summer. Perform the procedure after planting and repeat every year. Use peat, sawdust, humus as mulch.
Spring, autumn is the period when raspberry bushes should be cut. The peculiarity of the remontant variety is that it forms part of the crop on two-year-old shoots, which, after releasing the berries, begin to dry out, so they must be cut off. And annual shoots of raspberries Orange miracle need to be cut for the winter in late autumn at the very root, leaving 3 cm. This allows raspberries to survive the cold better and stimulates the spring growth of new strong boles.
If pruning is expected in the spring, then the procedure should be carried out before the buds bloom. At this moment, frost-damaged shoots must be removed.
Shelter for the winter
Preparation for the winter period consists in mulching raspberries using peat, foliage. Also, before the first frosts come, you need to bend the annual shoots to the ground and tie them to pegs so that they are covered with snow in winter. For safety, cover them with spruce branches.
Treatment of plants from diseases and pests
Raspberry variety Orange Miracle does not attract the attention of pests and demonstrates resistance to ailments. But certain problems with leaving may appear.
- Dwarf bushiness. It is expressed by yellowing of the areas between the veins of the leaves and a pale yellow mosaic pattern. Control measures: dig up and burn all affected bushes.
- Chlorosis. Yellow spots form on the foliage, the culture is stunted. All bushes with signs of chlorosis must be uprooted and burned. For preventive purposes, regulate the moisture content of the soil and check the planting material with particular care.
Dangerous pests are aphids, raspberry beetle. Insidious parasites can be concentrated on all parts of the plant. The main harm from insects is that they are carriers of viral crop diseases. To fight such pests by treating bushes with the use of insecticidal preparations.
Reproduction of raspberries
You can propagate raspberries of the Orange Miracle variety in one of two simple ways, using root suckers or cuttings. You can also use propagation with a green cuttings, but this is a complex method that requires knowledge and skills from gardeners.
Harvesting and storage rules
Harvest as it ripens. In clear weather, eat fruits in 1-2 days, in extreme heat - every day. Before picking, the berries must be dried from dew. When it is damp outside, picking raspberries is not recommended, since the crop will be suitable only for processing.
The harvested berries are stored under room conditions for about 12 hours and do not lose their freshness, and if they are sent to the refrigerator - up to 3-4 days and do not expire with juice.
By choosing the Orange Miracle raspberry variety for laying a raspberry plant, you can get a berry crop that does not require special growing conditions for growing, a high-yielding berry crop with excellent taste characteristics. And a healthy harvest of the original color of the berries will protect against viral attacks by the end of winter and give memories of summer days in the cold season.