We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The early hybrid “Timur” grape was obtained as a result of crossbreeding of two fairly well-known and widespread varieties - “Frumoasa Albe” and “Rapture”.
Grapes "Timur" bred Russian VNIIViV them. J.I. Potapenko. The description of this table grape variety with a very early ripening period is interesting for both experienced growers and gardeners who are just beginning to learn the basics of home-grown viticulture. Grape varieties "Timur" fully ripens in 105-115 days. Bushes form with medium or weak growth.
The hybrid forms "White Timur" and "Pink Timur" have an external similarity, but differ significantly in taste characteristics.
|Grapes "Pink Timur"||Grapes "White Timur"|
Advantages and disadvantages
Grapes "Timur" attracts attention not only with beautiful and large grapes, but also with its many advantages:
- bisexual flowering, providing a stable and abundant yield;
- lack of berries in the grape brush;
- high yields;
- excellent presentation of ripe grape brushes;
- high level of compatibility with stocks of almost any tall varieties;
- indicators of sugar accumulation at the level of 25%;
- high resistance to mildew and gray rot.
Variety "Timur" is rightfully one of the most resistant grape varieties and can easily withstand frosts in winter to - 25 ° C.
Grapes "Timur": features of the variety
“Timur” grape seedlings can be planted both in spring and before the onset of winter cold. The standard landing instructions are as follows:
- in more northern and colder regions, landing is carried out in late September or the first decade of October;
- fertile and fairly light soil is required for good growth and abundant fruiting of grapes;
- a planting pit or trench for seedlings should be prepared in advance, which will make it possible to settle with a layer of drainage and a mixture of soil with fertilizers;
- prepared seedlings should be located near the support installed in the center of the landing pit;
- it is impossible to deepen the seedling too much, the root neck should remain after filling the root system above the soil surface.
After planting, seedlings need to be carefully and lightly tied to a support column and watered abundantly. If necessary, soil is replenished, followed by mulching with organics or rotted sawdust.
We also offer you to read an article in which we talk about the best Moldavian grape varieties.
Grapes "Timur" are relatively hardy, but, nevertheless, each season requires a number of necessary measures:
- irrigation measures are carried out throughout the growing season, except for the ripening stage of berries;
- the most abundant irrigation with the introduction of liquid fertilizers should be carried out in the spring and when preparing the vine for winter;
- measures such as weed removal and soil loosening around plants after irrigation should not be neglected;
- to protect the vineyard from diseases and plant parasites, preventive spraying of bushes with special fungicides should be carried out.
The hybrid form requires the formation and timely pruning of the bush. You can use both short and long trim. However, pruning for 8-10 eyes is most often practiced.
The hybrid form of table grapes “Timur” has both its admirers and those who are not absolutely interested in the variety. Proponents of this variety note such positive qualities as early ripening, sweet taste, crisp flesh and a beautiful long berry. After full ripening, berries can hang on the bushes until late autumn, without losing their attractiveness and gaining even more sugar. Many winegrowers in the southern regions and areas with fairly mild winters grow Timur without shelter, noting its high winter hardiness.
How to plant grapes in spring
The form has some problems with the instability of pollination, in addition, in some years you can observe a slight peeling on the grape brushes. The lack of natural precipitation in the summer and the lack of adherence to agricultural techniques often provoke the fineness of this hybrid form.